Phoenix Construction is seeking an experienced Architectural Draftsman to work in the Operations Office, located in Weatherford, Texas.
The Architectural Draftsman will work under the direct supervision of the Chief Architect creating detailed drawings of commercial buildings and structures.
• College degree preferred
• Commercial construction/architecture experience preferred (2 years)
• Advanced computer skills with the ability to work with Autodesk Revit
• Ability to perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
• Must be a team player with the ability to work well under pressure
• Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary
• Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings, and structures based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
• Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software
• Supervise, coordinate, and inspect the work of draftspersons, technicians, and technologists on construction projects
• Represent the architect on construction site, ensuring builder compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections, under architect's supervision
• Prepare cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents and technical reports for specific projects under an architect's supervision
• Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs
• Operate computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms, and records
• Coordinate structural, electrical and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation in order to graphically represent building plans