Phoenix Construction is seeking an experienced Commercial Construction Estimator.
The Estimator will be responsible for estimating general construction projects with full specifications and details, following submittals and RFIs. Candidate must have experience in Commercial and Industrial building projects.
• Estimating/Project Management experience – projects ranging from $100K to $10M (2-4 years)
• Ability to evaluate, compile, and complete proposals from inception to submission
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Excellent communicator with ability to prioritize and multitask
• Microsoft Suite experience (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
• Manage the preparation of thorough take-off of quantities for specific scopes of work
• Communicate and collaborate with operations and purchasing personnel during the pre-construction phase
• Assist purchasing personnel in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals
• Prepare preliminary estimates and studies during the pre-construction phase in order to monitor design development cost trends and detect over-runs and potential problem areas
• Make reliable predictions as it relates to cost and make accurate estimations across all scopes of work
• Analyze cost data, unit prices, back-page costs, value and information to be used as “rule of thumb” for all building systems estimated costs
• Provide innovative solutions to complex issues as they arise related to cost, lead-times, and/or specified products or materials
• Assemble and compile presentation-worthy estimate package(s) that clearly communicate project costs to upper management
• Prepare budget comparisons between current and previous estimates