Director of Accounting & Finance
Position Type: Full-Time
Department: Phoenix Construction
Salary: $70,000 – 100,000
To expound upon the thought that success is not final…failure is not fatal…it is the courage to continue that counts. Phoenix will strive for excellence in all aspects of business, in service to community, and in service to each other. Successes, failures, and courage will all be derived from one Divine Source that defines all three and guides them.
We are seeking an organized, efficient and reliable Director of Accounting & Finance to lead efforts in our rapidly growing construction company. The Director of Accounting & Finance will play a vital role in the management of accounts payable and accounts receivables as well as transitioning our financials from QuickBooks to Sage 300.
- Implementation of processes/structure as it relates to the transition of QuickBooks to Sage 300
- Assist new Sage 300 users with questions during the transition/implementation and beyond
- Perform all daily, monthly and annual accounting tasks, accounts payable/receivables, preparing, verifying and the entering of invoices into the Sage 300.
- Setup new vendors and ensure all documentation from the vendor is obtained and complete.
- Entering vendor and subcontractor invoices accurately and timely
- Ensuring that invoices have proper authorization before issuing payments
- Processing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports (and as needed)
- Code incoming invoices with job number, GL code and route to appropriate reviewer
- Review expense reports for accuracy, proper coding, backup provided and compliance with Company policy on reimbursement
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to phone and email correspondence from internal and external contacts
- Research invoice issues or questions to resolve discrepancies and follow through to completion
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets as needed
- Assist in maintaining Company AP procedures and compliance
- Associate degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of recent accounts payable experience
- Must be proficient with Sage 300 and TimberScan (required)
- Must be able to pass criminal and drug screening processes to meet current company and/or government eligibility requirements that apply or become applicable to this position.
- Minimal travel is required
- Must be willing to commute or relocate to Fredericksburg.
- Competitive Wages and Benefits Package
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance options following 90 days of employment
- Profit-sharing program
- Casual dress policy
- Paid time off
- Employee and peer recognition program
- Culture Events